Thursday, July 5, 2012

3 packet roast

I've been seeing this recipe on Pinterest, so I thought I'd try it. I followed the recipe here.



Ingredients:

roast (one you like & fits in the crock pot)
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1 1/2 cups water (see note below)

The roast was a beef chuck roast. We are using the last cuts of the quarter of beef we bought two years ago & this is what we had.



Put the roast in the crock pot and season with salt & pepper.



Mix the three packets with the water. Pour over roast. Cook for 8 - 10 hours.



Tada! This is after 10ish hours, maybe more. The great thing about roasts in the crock pot is you can leave them a little longer and they get a little bit better.

I used the juices to make gravy, but there wasn't as much liquid as I like & I had to add water to get 2 cups of liquid. I'm glad I didn't use the recipe I found that called for only a half cup of water. Next time I make a roast this way, I will use more water ~ probably 3 cups.

Delicious.

Greg, the kids, and our little neighbor buddy loved the roast.

We will repeat.



Try it with your next roast.

     

No comments: