Wednesday, December 30, 2009

chicken delicious

This is a super quick crock pot recipe. Even my self-proclaimed noncook, sister-in-law, Wendy, could make this. And it's well...delicious!




Ingredients:
4 - 6 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1/3 cup dry sherry or white wine
paprika
celery salt
lemon juice
salt
pepper
parmesan cheese (oops, not pictured)




Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. I used the frozen kind from Costco, so I skipped this step. Also, I only use two because that's what we'll eat. Season with lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery salt and paprika. As you may see from my supplies, my celery salt was mysteriously missing from the cupboard. Celery seed works just as well.




In medium bowl, mix mushroom and celery soups with sherry.




Pour over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.




Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice. The kids love this meal. During dinner, Stephanie looked at me and said, "Mom, this is delicious." Hardy-har-har, funny girl.

This recipe came from Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes.

1 comment:

Carpool Queen said...

Did you throw the chicken breast STILL FROZEN in the pot? I didn't know you could do that.

This may open new worlds for me.