Sunday, November 28, 2010

first time friday

I've never been shopping on Black Friday before ~ at least not that I can remember. I've never gotten up at the crack of crazy to go stand in line in the cold only to get trampled when the store opens. I've never needed that b.i.g. ticket item for Christmas that would be deeply discounted for the brave.

This year, I did need to go shopping for a few things on Friday. We set out about 12:30 p.m. in hopes that all the crowds were worn out and at home in bed. Ha! Wishful thinking, right?



Our first stop was my favorite quilt store. Oh, the hours I could spend in there. When we were all done and back in the car, the kids proclaimed that we spent two hours in there. I could have stayed longer!



We went to the quilt store to get some supplies for an upcoming birthday. And a couple of weeks ago Greg asked me to make a holiday table topper for our kitchen table. And since he's the boss he hardly ever asks for anything, he gets what he wants. He just had to wait for my craft boutique to be over.

I couldn't decide which set of fabrics to get for the topper. I sent Greg pictures of each and asked him which he wanted. By the time he was able to text me back half an hour later to tell me which he liked, he figured I was long gone from the store, so he just said, "Surprise me." I was still in the store. I got both. He has since picked one. I will make another topper with the other fabric and put it in the store. You'll have to wait and see which is which, though.

We moseyed over to Old Navy, Target, and Hobby Lobby. Really, the crowds were nothing different than a regular Saturday except that we had to wait about 10 minutes in line at the dressing room at Old Navy. That's a small price to pay for $10 kid jeans. We stayed away from the mall. Good thing too, because as we drove by I saw the parking lot f.u.l.l. of cars.

Not a bad Black Friday experience ~ and I still got to take advantage of plenty of sales.

1 comment:

Carpool Queen said...

I spent half an hour at Hancock's today looking at fabric. When sweet JJ heard that I was getting a sewing machine for Christmas, he asked me to make him a quilt.

I love that he has infinite confidence in my abilities.