Saturday, January 10, 2009

talk to me like that some more

This week I had a parent conference. This was a make up conference for one that was missed during conference week because of the snow day. This boy is a very sweet boy who can sometimes get in more than normal trouble for talking and such. This week he's not being very kind to his friends. He hit someone on Monday so I gave him lunch detention for the rest of the week. I'm not putting up with it. 

For some reason I got it in my head that the parents were a little upset when they asked on Wednesday if we could meet the very next day. Oh crap!

Turns out they just wanted their make up conference. They were very supportive. The subject of my strictness came up and they thanked me for that! The dad said I was leaving a legacy! A legacy? Wow. I was befuddled and speechless.

I certainly do not hear comments like that from parents very often. 

2 comments:

Danny and Paulette said...

Well, you should.

Liz Harrell said...

You sound like a great teacher. :)