Sunday, February 22, 2009

ode to joy

Greg went grocery shopping with me today. He's just sweet like that. As we were standing in the check out line, Greg pointed out that we got the grumpy checker. Yes, indeed we did. Her face is in a permanent frown. She looks like if she has to check out another customer she just might vanish from exasperation. 

When I got up to the pay area, she didn't even say hello or ask me how I'm doing. So I just watched the tab on my groceries go up and up and up. Then I glanced down and noticed her name tag. Ironically, her name is Joy. Boy, her parents had that all wrong!

In other grocery shopping news, if you go grocery shopping after church, but before you eat lunch, stuff like this is likely to find its way into your cart.

My verdict? The mozarella sticks ones are gross. The dill pickle ones are interesting. A little goes a long way there. Heather will love them. The mexican layered dip ones are pretty good.

Don't grocery shop on an empty stomach.

No comments: