Sunday, February 8, 2009

spring fever

We've been having a little bit of spring fever around here. For the past two weekends we have been spending all waking hours spring cleaning. Maybe I should say deep cleaning instead. In our room, instead of just vacuuming, we pulled the mattress off the bed and vacuumed underneath. A whole village of dust bunnies was demolished. We did pause for a moment of silence. Or maybe that was a moment of reverent glee over having a dust free under bed.

In the living room, we have a sofa table on the stairwell wall. The dried-flower-and-stick arrangement has been above it since we moved to this house 6 years ago. The arrangement was over the sofa table at our old home as well. Creatures of habit? Maybe. 

While I do like it and there's certainly nothing wrong with it, I'm getting a little bored of it. 


This whole area could use a little freshening up. I've never been a master at the table vignette. I have pictures in my mind of how I want something to look, but I don't usually spend the money to achieve that picture. The Nester says to shop your house. The thing is, I don't always swoop up little goodies at the store to have around the house to "shop." I'm working on it.

Back to the floral thingy. 

I've been admiring the beauty and simplicity of barn stars for a while now. I love how they can be painted to fit in just about any decor. I see them in magazines, on blogs, and in the stores. The big ones? They're pricey! So I just keep admiring.


Just before Christmas, I found a large barn star ~ on sale! It was only $15. I couldn't believe it! I told Greg I had to have it. Being the obliging husband to his wife's every whim (mostly) he agreed. I do know, however, that he might have been thinking that I could be off my rocker. Where would we put that thing? Originally, I thought about putting it in the front room, but as I felt ho hum about the floral thing, I knew this was the perfect place.

Now the star has a home. What do you think?

The star seemed very huge in the box. Now that it's on the wall, it seems much smaller. I'm thinking it might be a little lonely there, though. Maybe a star friend or two would be nice as well. I'm keeping my eyes open!

Now here's a challenge for you ~ there's something wrong in these pictures (besides the vacuum cleaner cord!). Can you find it? Stay tuned ~ I'll tell you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go guys, you're only 6 springs behind and 1 ahead...good job!!! My guess would be the basket with the clutter (doest not belong there). I cant be right because this was all to obvious...