Monday, August 8, 2011

menu plan monday ~ august 8


I went grocery shopping today, after I spent a few hours at school in what seemed like an unairconditioned room. I was hot and hungry by the time I got to the grocery store. That may have explained how the almond M&Ms ended up in the cart. And possibly how I let Heather talk me into the onion bagels with onion & chive cream cheese that weren't on the list. Dang!

In ended up going $22 over our grocery budget today. But while I was checking out the cashier asked if I'd do her grocery shopping cuz when she spends that much she only has three bags. I'll take that as a compliment.

Part of the reason I am able to stay anywhere near the grocery budget is the fact that I do have a list and a plan. I gave in to the bagels, but when Heather asked to have Chinese chicken salad for dinner this week I was strong and told her next week because I already have a plan.

This week we're having:

  • orange crumbed baked chicken (new) with mashed potatoes & gravy
  • chicken pot pie
  • vegetable soup
  • chicken quesadillas with corn salad
  • sour cream chicken enchiladas
  • pork chops & grilled corn 

What's on your menu? I'm linking up with orgjunkie.com. Head on over to see what everyone else is cooking this week.

Tomorrow, I'll have a recipe for you.

   

No comments: