Friday, June 15, 2012

instagram friday ~ summer's here

This is our first week of summer vacation! I cannot be more thrilled to be on summer vacation. The end of this year whooped my butt. My class was a good one overall, but they gave me a run for my money there at the end. 

Greg also had this week off, so we've been doing a lot of hanging out and doing a whole bunch of nothing. Sunday we took the kids to a new swimming pool in our area. They had a great time swimming and going down the water slide, while Greg and I people-watched. We were not short of conversation regarding what we saw.



The week started with working on a custom order for ten pouches.



Tuesday we stepped out to take care of our civic duty and run some errands. We took the kids with us and let them stand behind the voting machine with us to see what goes on. Hopefully we are instilling in them a sense of civic duty and pride in the responsibility.



Greg's favorite breakfast is bacon with biscuits and gravy. On days off, I'm happy to oblige. These cookie sheets also saw some cookie baking action later in the day. That boy is lucky! Nevermind he's been waiting weeks for homemade cookies. He's just lucky.



Greg has been working on his genealogy this week & announced that he wanted to go to the oldest cemetery in town to take pictures of the grave stones. Always up for an outing, we tagged along. After I took this picture, Heather asked me if I wanted her to work up a tear or two for another picture. Irreverent!

As the kids and I wandered around the grave stones, we wondered about the people buried underneath our feet. What were their lives like? What was it like for the woman buried next to her husband who lived nearly 60 years longer than him?




While Greg uploaded pictures and did more research, I bugged him kept him company and worked on some cards. It's been a while since I've spent some time with the paper crafts. That job of mine insists on keeping me busy!



Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'.... (If that song gets stuck in your head, you're welcome.) I've kind of been on the computer forever this morning. I unwittingly got sucked into the time vortex of the net. It might be time to do something semi-productive with this day. Or not. It's summer.

Do you use Instagram? What is your favorite filter? I am drawn to Earlybird, but try to give the others a chance as well. I like Brennan and Hefe too.

Head on over to Life.Rearranged to see other InstaFriday posts.


life rearranged

      

No comments: