Wednesday, December 19, 2007

that mother of the year award is mine ~ all mine

So, I was in Heather's closet this morning trying to find a clean shirt (I might be a little behind on laundry) that she hasn't outgrown when reaching for the top clothes bar I nearly stub my toe on a small Christmas tree box!  Oh my gosh!  I can't believe while we were decking the halls I forgot to have them put their trees up in their rooms. I recall them asking about it and I told them "later," but then no one ever brought it up again. I forgot!  Did they forget? Or were they being extremely patient with their frazzled mother? Patience? Seriously! They must have forgotten. Ever since Stephanie's 2nd Christmas (she was only 3 mos. old for the first one), we've had the kids put up mini trees in their rooms.  What a sweet tradition I'm unwittingly trying to ruin! I know what we'll be doing this weekend. Better late than never, I guess. I'll let them keep them up longer into January ~ how's that for getting myself back in the running for that award!

No comments: