Monday, July 27, 2009

someone's got to come to the party a little early

My friend, Suzanne, was due to have her baby in early September. Notice I use the word was.

She called me yesterday to tell me she was in the hospital having the baby! At first I thought she was messing with me.


She wasn't messin'! Aiden Michael was born about an hour after she told me she was six centimeters. He was only 4 lbs 3 oz.


He's in the NICU right now, but doing very well. I visited Suzanne this evening, just in time to listen to her discharge instructions with her. Great timing! I didn't get to see Aiden because I wasn't allowed in the NICU. That's ok, because mommy needs a little attention right now, because goodness knows she'll never get any attention ever again!

Welcome to the world, little Aiden!

No comments: