I was the one who was gone.
I've just spent the last week at the beach and did not see the likes of a computer except when my sweet brother-in-law, Tony, let me use his laptop with his phone internet connection (because I've got to be complicated) to post something for an online class I'm taking.
I did nothing responsible for the whole week other than making sure my children were fed, bathed periodically, slathered in sunscreen - except the parts I missed - and not drowned in the ocean. Even then, Greg was largely responsible for the not drowning part.
I finished a book, read another whole one, and started a third.
There are pictures, but they aren't uploaded to the computer yet. Then it might take me a whole year to go through them all.
I managed not to sunburn my lily-white body (for the most part) until yesterday. I was having so much fun in the waves, I forgot to reapply my sunscreen. Now I am lobsterish.
I'm glad to be home and even took a mini-nap in my own bed as soon as we got here. But now I'm overwhelmed with *real life* because:
- I go back to work on Monday.
- I still have not finished that big, big, big project.
- I didn't pay bills before I left - really gotta do that.
- I am now behind on my online class assignment for this week because I pretended the rest of the world didn't exist unless there was sand involved.
- All the stuff that was jammed into our car for the trip is now in my living room and needs to be dealt with. Blech!
- I'm going to have to go grocery shopping.
- I started having *school dreams* while we were gone. I'll tell you more about that later.
- Did I mention there's a bunch of laundry to do?
- I'm sure I will live.
- Only four more weeks of this school year.
- I still have two days of my track break left.
- I'm getting good grades in my online class.