Monday, August 2, 2010

cvs games



There are ladies out there who are real pros at shopping at CVS. Me? Strictly amateur! But every once in a while I am able to work out a smokin' deal for myself. All of the above stuff was only $46.95 ~ except the kid. She has been far more expensive than that! She was my shopping helper on Saturday. I ended up doing four transactions ~ only three of which were planned ~ during this trip. We won't discuss how I messed up and had to do a fourth one. The cashier was very accommodating. After it was all said and done I realized I could have had only two transactions. See? Amateur!

Anyway, let's talk about the super deals I got on some of the items.

The Neutrogena sunscreen was $9.99 each. Buy two and get $10 Extra Care Bucks. So each tube of sunscreen was essentially $4.99. Great deal there. I love this sunscreen! It's the only kind I've found besides baby sunscreen that doesn't sting my face and it's not greasy at all.

The Softsoap body wash was on sale for $3. Not a steal, but a good price. But if you bought a total of $15 worth, you get $5 EC bucks. I had four 75 cents off coupons. After coupons and EC bucks I paid $1.40 per bottle of body wash. Now that's a deal!

I've had my eye on the Fit and Fresh containers for the kids' bento-style lunches. At Target they are $9.99. I was willing to pay it, but just kept putting it off. Good thing I did because they were on clearance at CVS for $4.49. There was only one, but there was a coupon inside for $1 off another one. I found another one at a different CVS and only paid $3.49 for it. Awesome! And you better believe that with a cute new lunch container, I will be showing off the girls' lunches when school starts!

The baggies and hand soap were on sale and I did have coupons, but they weren't extraordinary deals just good ones.

When Greg saw me taking a picture of all of this he asked me what I was doing. I just smiled at him and he rolled his eyes and said, "Oh my gosh!"

P.S. Don't go to CVS expecting to get these deals. The sale was over on Saturday. I was shopping on the last day of the sale. Sorry.

1 comment:

Carpool Queen said...

I'm going to change your name to Shopping Queen.

What a steal!