Monday, August 2, 2010

menu plan monday ~ august 2



Except for getting milk and Dr. Pepper on Saturday, the last time I went grocery shopping was 12 days ago. I pretty much made my goal of making it two weeks ~ but I knew we'd need milk. Our fridge can't hold enough milk for our family for two weeks. The only time I drink milk is with Ovaltine sometimes while I'm getting ready in the morning. But for the other three chug-a-lugs in the house, I buy three gallons a week.

The kids and I are going grocery shopping today and I'm hoping to make it last two weeks again. That is, with the exception of milk and maybe some produce.

So I planned ten meals for the next two weeks. The other nights will be something easy, like grilled cheese and soup.

  • chicken tetrazzini
  • roasted chicken (crockpot)
  • cheesy chicken & rice casserole (with leftover chicken from the crockpot)
  • tacos
  • shredded beef quesadillas (with leftover roast from last night)
  • pizza
  • swedish meatballs
  • classic macaroni & cheese (the kind in the oven ~ fancy)
  • stir fry
  • steak and pasta salad


What's on your menu plan? Visit orgjunkie.com for more ideas.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi! I found you through MPM. I was wondering if you had a recipe for Swedish meatballs that you recommend? I LOVE them.

Carpool Queen said...

Monday -Beef roast (new recipe that better be worth the noise because I had to start on it a day in advance).

Tuesday - Skillet chicken (new recipe)

Wednesday - Green Chicken enchiladas (new recipe)

Thursday - leftovers (from the old recipes)

Friday - pizza