Friday, June 10, 2011

tales from the schoolyard


This will be the last installment of Tales From the Schoolyard for a little while cuz we're out for SUMMER! Whew! This day was long anticipated. Coming into this 9-month school year from several years of a year-round schedule, teachers and students alike were craving the regular breaks we were not getting. Now, we have the long, hot, beautiful summer to recuperate & recharge. Since the summer is hotter than snot here, the majority of the recharging will occur indoors. No sense getting crazy.

I have so many plans swirling around in my head for the summer. I am thinking there may not be enough weeks! Some plans include some reorganization and a Christmas in July craft show. I also plan on chatting a little more often here too.

Oh, and next year will bring a whole new variety of Tales for you. I will be teaching 4th grade in the fall. The Tales are likely to get wild.

My return to 4th grade was a last minute thing ~ I've known less than two weeks. Some circumstances left a 4th grade position open and my principal asked if I'd consider moving. So I've spent the last week and a half packing up my 2nd grade stuff and resurrecting my 4th grade stuff from it's sleepy storage in the garage. I've packed up my classroom and moved to a larger room (more students in 4th grade). I'm pooped!

I'm excited about this new adventure (even if I am a little scared to go back to 4th grade) and I'm looking forward to working with my new teammates ~ Alana and Angela. Today at lunch Angela said we are the Triple As. Hmmm. We might just be a force to be reckoned with.

Better watch out!

  

No comments: