Monday, June 14, 2010

losing my mojo ~ and then finding it again ~ maybe it was under the couch

I'm a little behind on my goal to read 35 books this year.  I just finished number 12, when I should be approaching number 17.  We went camping over Memorial Day weekend and I had grand plans to have my nose stuck in a book much of the time. I brought a huge stack of books with me. I spent about 2 hours reading - in between daydreaming and taking in the goings-on of the campground. I just wasn't interested in the stack I brought apparently.

This past week I gave up on that stack and got a new stack from the library. Instantly, my mojo came back. When it was time for bed ~ or anything for that matter ~ Greg and the kids heard, "Just a minute, I'm almost done with this chapter." Then I'd sneak another one in.  At one point, when I said it once, then again 10 minutes later, Heather looked at me funny and said, "You're that slow of a reader?" I had to laugh and admit that I started another chapter. Luckily she found that amusing.

The book I read this week is Bidding for Love by Katie Fforde. She's an English author. Love them. It's a very light read and quite funny.

Flora, a pretty young woman, inherits 51% of an auction house, so she moves from London to the country to work at the family business. At first she doesn't think she is really cut out for the business, but in the course of the book she finds out otherwise. And, of course, it's a love story. I'm a sucker for the love story.

I've already started another book by Katie Fford, Practically Perfect. I'm back on track for my yearly goal!

What are you reading? For more book recommendations, visit Life as Mom for Booking it in 2010.

1 comment:

C.G. Koens said...

Visiting from Life as MOM. I also enjoy works by British authors so might have to look this one up. Sounds interesting!