Sunday, June 13, 2010

a peek inside the box

As promised, I took pictures of what I made for the kids' lunches this week. They only took their lunch three days this week.



Left over pasta salad, carrots, turkey rolls, boiled egg, and strawberries.



Peanut butter & jelly sandwich, goldfish, cheese slices, carrots, strawberries, and kiwi. Even an average lunch menu can look special in a compartmentalized container! Stephanie reported that she felt her goldfish got sort of soggy being so close to the sandwich. Duly noted.



Tortilla wrap (ham, turkey, shredded cheese, cucumber, tomato, & mayo), cucumbers, goldfish, apples with peanut butter to dip, nilla wafers. Heather reported that the cucumber and goldfish stayed in their little silicone cups and did not get soggy.

The only problem with this style of lunch is that have to turn the box on the side to put it in their lunch bag. I'm going to work on designing a lunch bag for them where it can lay flat at the bottom of the bag. Oh sure, I bet I could buy one! But it's more fun this way. I also want to buy them some containers that are more permanent. Sooner or later these will give way since they are semi-disposable. A few more Swagbucks and I'll have another Amazon.com gift card.

Are you interested in seeing more lunches?

No comments: