Sunday, July 25, 2010

what have you been up to?

What have you been doing these last few days?



Heather made this Mickey Mouse. So cute. She used double-sided tape to stick the beads on the paper. Clever.



I made this skirt for Heather's friend Maddy's birthday. We paired it with a black tee-shirt. There's a little bit of a story behind this skirt.

Suzanne was making herself a skirt. She miscalculated, the skirt ended up a little small, and she didn't have enough of the black polka dot fabric to fix it. So she gave me the too-small skirt. I cut a little off the sides and moved the waist down and Stephanie was the proud owner of a new skirt. Suzanne also gave me the extra floral fabric as well. I had some red polka dot material so I used that to make Heather a skirt. It wasn't until I was all done that I realized I had the same black polka dots! Suzanne bought herself some more fabric to try again. The three of them wore their skirts to school on the same day ~ all with a black tee. Maddy told Heather she wanted a skirt like that. So, I bought more of the floral fabric and ta da! One for Maddy too ~ and a black tee.



Aiden's first birthday party was this weekend. I made him a Kidlet and filled it with books, a coloring book, and crayons.



I am a firm believer that children should be introduced to crayons when they turn one. You are never too young to start to create! This is my favorite gift for one-year olds.




I made some more dishwasher magnets for the shop. I also made a few patchwork zipper pouches. Head on over to check them out.

And as an added bonus, I've almost conquered Mt. Washmore. Someday. Someday soon.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Aiden loves his bag and his crayons! Thank you Aunt Andrea!

Carpool Queen said...

That Kidlet is ADORABLE. I wish I had half your craftiness. I'm almost ready to get a sewing machine.