Thursday, March 19, 2009

what do they have to say about me?

Many moms in blogland are conducting the following interview with their kids. For fun, I did it too. I typed just what they said. My comments are in parenthesis.

1. What is something your mom always says to you?

H: I love you. (Aww.)
S: Read. (We had a big discussion about her reluctance to read just last night.)

2. What makes your mom happy?

H: When I do what she says.
S: Me reading. (Still on her mind.)

3. What makes your mom sad?

H: When I don't follow the directions.
S: When I don't listen.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?

H: By tickling me.
S: By being funny.

5. What was your mom like as a child?

H: Pretty.
S: Like me. (Except for the reading part, it's scary how right she is about this.)

6. How old is your mom?

H: Something in the 40s. Or maybe just 40. (Really? Because just yesterday you thought I was a dinosaur!)
S: 40 (Yesterday, you thought I was just about ready to file for social security.)

7. How tall is your mom?

H: Taller than me.
S: I don't know.

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

H: Paint and scrapbook and sew and shop.
S: Craft and read and sew.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

H: She sews.
S: Craft, read, and sew.
(I'm sensing a theme, here.)

10. If you mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

H: Sewing.
S: Crafting

11. What is your mom really good at?

H: Scrapbooking
S: Crafting, sewing, and reading

12. What is your mom not very good at?

H: Going down sidewalks with tractors. (She's right. I nearly tipped a bobcat while working on the back yard a few years ago. Everyone thought it was hilarious!)
S: Being early. (Sadly, so true.)

13. What does your mom do for a job?

H: Teach kids.
S: She's a teacher.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?

H: Chicken wings. (Yes, and....)
S: Ice cream. (Yes, and....)

15. What makes you proud of your mom?

H: That she does things for me.
S: That she had me. (That made me proud too.)

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

H: Minnie Mouse
S: Minnie Mouse
(Except Greg thinks Minnie Mouse is a hussy ~ always showing off her bloomers & all. Wait, maybe he'd like that.)

17. What do you and your mom do together?

H: We go shopping. And we go to the museum. (Amen, sister.)
S: Stay home and have pajama days and have fun. (Amen, to that too.)

18. How are you and your mom the same?

H: We both have brown eyes.
S: We 're related to each other and she had blond hair when she was a kid. (I had blondish hair for about two seconds, then it turned brown.)

19. How are you and your mom different?

H: You have kind of black or brown hair and I have blond hair.
S: She's a grown up and I'm a child. (And don't you forget it!)

20. How do you know your mom loves you?

H: Because you smile when I do things for you.
S: Because she takes care of me & she feeds me and if she didn't love me she wouldn't do anything.


21. What does your mom like most about your dad?

H: That he worked on the back yard so it can be pretty. You like most about him that he has a big heart.
S: He's funny. (But not as funny as me.)

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?

H: Arizona
S: Disneyland
(I guess they were thinking 'big trip' because I'm surprised neither one of them said shopping.)

What do your kids have to say about you?

No comments: