Many moms in blogland are conducting the following interview with their kids. For fun, I did it too. I typed just what they said. My comments are in parenthesis.
1. What is something your mom always says to you?
H: I love you. (Aww.)
S: Read. (We had a big discussion about her reluctance to read just last night.)
2. What makes your mom happy?
H: When I do what she says.
S: Me reading. (Still on her mind.)
3. What makes your mom sad?
H: When I don't follow the directions.
S: When I don't listen.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
H: By tickling me.
S: By being funny.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
S: Like me. (Except for the reading part, it's scary how right she is about this.)
6. How old is your mom?
H: Something in the 40s. Or maybe just 40. (Really? Because just yesterday you thought I was a dinosaur!)
S: 40 (Yesterday, you thought I was just about ready to file for social security.)
7. How tall is your mom?
H: Taller than me.
S: I don't know.
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
H: Paint and scrapbook and sew and shop.
S: Craft and read and sew.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
H: She sews.
S: Craft, read, and sew.
(I'm sensing a theme, here.)
10. If you mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
11. What is your mom really good at?
S: Crafting, sewing, and reading
12. What is your mom not very good at?
H: Going down sidewalks with tractors. (She's right. I nearly tipped a bobcat while working on the back yard a few years ago. Everyone thought it was hilarious!)
S: Being early. (Sadly, so true.)
13. What does your mom do for a job?
H: Teach kids.
S: She's a teacher.
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
H: Chicken wings. (Yes, and....)
S: Ice cream. (Yes, and....)
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
H: That she does things for me.
S: That she had me. (That made me proud too.)
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
H: Minnie Mouse
S: Minnie Mouse
(Except Greg thinks Minnie Mouse is a hussy ~ always showing off her bloomers & all. Wait, maybe he'd like that.)
17. What do you and your mom do together?
H: We go shopping. And we go to the museum. (Amen, sister.)
S: Stay home and have pajama days and have fun. (Amen, to that too.)
18. How are you and your mom the same?
H: We both have brown eyes.
S: We 're related to each other and she had blond hair when she was a kid. (I had blondish hair for about two seconds, then it turned brown.)
19. How are you and your mom different?
H: You have kind of black or brown hair and I have blond hair.
S: She's a grown up and I'm a child. (And don't you forget it!)
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
H: Because you smile when I do things for you.
S: Because she takes care of me & she feeds me and if she didn't love me she wouldn't do anything.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
H: That he worked on the back yard so it can be pretty. You like most about him that he has a big heart.
S: He's funny. (But not as funny as me.)
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
(I guess they were thinking 'big trip' because I'm surprised neither one of them said shopping.)
What do your kids have to say about you?