Sunday, March 1, 2009

what did you do yesterday?

What did you do yesterday?

Me?

Well, since you asked.

To begin with, I went to the last session of the imovie class I've been taking through the district. Soon I may have a movie that I can share with you. 

When I got home, Greg was outside working on the yard, changing his truck battery, and cutting my wood! Woo hoo! I can cut my own wood, but he's better at the big saw than I am. So I sweet talked him into doing it for me. 

It was such a gorgeous day outside ~ perfectly spring ~ so I decided to stay outside for just a little while to get the wood sanded down. Because of the roughness of the wood, each block needed a double sanding ~ first with 100 grit, then 220 grit. This won't take long.


It took f-o-r-e-v-e-r! I was out there several hours! I wasn't even done with the first sand when I took this picture. It was dark and chilly when I finally finished. 

Looking on the bright side? It's all sanded now. Keep watching to see how these blocks get transformed at my craft table. 

No comments: