Saturday, August 1, 2009

the dreaded

Usually twice a year it happens. When it's time to go back-to-school clothes shopping or spring clothes shopping I force the kids to participate in The Great Try-On.

This morning I got up early to go to school to clean & organize my wardrobe cabinets and do general end of the year purging. I'm moving rooms, so it is essential I get organized and be ready to go for moving day this coming Friday. I was there for six and a half hours. And the air was on weekend temps ~ meaning I don't think it was on at all.

Then I went to Target. And it was HOT outside.

And as if I hadn't had enough for the day, when I got home I declared today was The Great Try-On. We actually skipped this in the spring. I just bought a few new things for the spring/summer and called it good. I told the kids that if they expected to get new school clothes they'd better cooperate.

Oh. Today. There was attitude, eye-rolling, snippy words, and general pissiness. And that was just me.

Finally, everything was tried on and either folded up, hung up, or put in the donation bag. Dinner was served at 10 o'clock. I think Heather ate in her sleep!

Tomorrow, we embark on the back-to-school shopping adventure which of course includes more trying on. Luckily they get a little more excited about trying on potential new clothes than the ones that are already in their drawers.

Give me strength.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Shudder. World War Try On is about to ensue at our house in the next few days.

Ick.
Yuck.
Shoot me now.
Please.