Saturday, August 15, 2009

slow down!

I feel like time is speeding ahead in light years. I'm doing my best to keep my grip on the rails of the train caboose as my body bobs in the gush of draft wind. My hair is flying wildly behind me, all while I'm trying to take in the surrounding scenery.


The Joann's sale circular is advertising fall decor and craft items. Fall? I'm not ready for this. I'm barely getting used to summer. I know, I know, it's August. But in my mind I still have a thousand summer things to create. If I start on fallish things then before you know it I will have to start on Christmas. This is all going too fast. Slow down the train!

And what's this about my kids growing up? Stephanie is going to be in the 5th grade in one week. Heather will be in the 2nd grade. They got their teacher assignments this week and are so thrilled to have the teachers they hoped they would get. Yet inside I'm screaming, "No, no, no!" This can't be happening. Don't get me wrong, I totally love the age they are (except the constant fighting). They are lovely to talk to. They like to help out around the house or in the kitchen. I just enjoy them at this stage. But what happened to my chubby-faced toddlers? What happened to the little arms reaching out to be picked up? What happened to the stroller that I was so glad not to need anymore?

I guess I'd better get my fall craft on. Before I know it there will be craft shows & boutiques to be a part of. I don't want to fall off the train that I have such a hard time holding on to.

1 comment:

Danny and Paulette said...

Your chubby-cheeked little girls are in your closet in one of your plastic storage containers. Remember when we used cameras that took pictures to be printed out on real paper? I think you have at least 10 pictures of each little angel in there somewhere. Good luck hunting. Maybe you could make it a family project. I still remember them in my steel trap memory.