Wednesday, February 27, 2008

are you kidding me?

Yesterday Greg suggested I take some pictures of our flowering plum tree in the front yard. He said I should have the kids hold up some poster board to get a nice white background. This morning the kids and I headed out there, not with poster board, but with tissue paper. That turned out to be a disaster because there was a bee that kept flying around. The kids were skittish about it and wouldn't follow directions and hold still. Ok, so no white background.

Just as I get started on the no-white-background pictures, I look up and see the trash truck coming down the street. I thought for a minute about scurrying back inside until they were gone. My hair was not combed and there was left over black smudges under my eyes. I was wearing my house clothes that included shorts, a stained t-shirt from when we stained the pergola in back, and no bra. The stain was deep red - looks kinda like dried blood on my shirt. Maybe I should throw that shirt away. The kids were in their pajamas. On second thought, they're far enough away at the end of the driveway, they'll never notice. Throwing caution to the wind, we stayed out and I went about pretending I was a world famous photographer. Then the trash guy summoned me over for a conference. Are you kidding me? Right now? You want to have a chat? I immediately began thinking that we'd surpassed the weight restrictions on the garbage can one too many times. Maybe he was mad that we don't always bag our grass clippings. Turns out he just wanted to let me know that our garbage can was broken and to call the office to get it replaced. Oh. Sure. No problem. 

Here's some of the pictures I took. They turned out pretty nice. I like how the flowers are sharp, but the background is out of focus. 


1 comment:

M&M Kanet said...

I LOVE this time of year beacuse of these beautiful trees! Great shots Andrea! They are so pretty.