Thursday, February 28, 2008

mommy and stephanie day

Grandma and Papa wanted to have the kids come over all day today, play with Gianna, spend the night, then play all day again tomorrow. Well, Stephanie has drama practice on Thursdays and can even go on track break. We gave her the option of skipping today, but being the responsible child she is, she said that since she has a big role that she really thought she should go to practice. So Papa & Gianna came this morning to pick up Heather. Let's see, Heather and Gianna playing the day away ~ giggling, running, screaming, hugging, being cousins. How nice would it have been of me to make Stephanie help clean the house today? I'm not that much of a monster. So we had a Mommy & Stephanie Day. She chose to paint sun catchers while I packed their suitcase. She also watched as much tv as she wanted today (she's been grounded from tv for a week). Then we had a nice lunch at Applebee's, including mozzarella sticks for appetizers. We stopped by one store, then made it to school a little early for drama practice. 

After Heather had gone and I was doing Stephanie's hair, she told me that she was liking our Mommy & Stephanie Day. Good to hear, because I was worried that she was going to feel slighted. Then again, there was no sibling fighting, no vying for my attention, no interrupting during her story, etc. It was a great day. Stephanie is a joy to have lunch and conversation with!


I've decided to go out on a limb and start something new. I read about this thing called Project 365 where you take a photo everyday for a year that tells about your day, your life, or even something you find beautiful/interesting. The photo can be anything. Then you add a little description. Well, I'm going to try. I was going to try it and just not say anything about it, but I might be tempted to quit when the days get harried and hectic. So I'm saying it so I will do it. Today is actually Day 2 since yesterday was silently Day 1 (photos of the flowering plum). And hey, you get to benefit from the pictures, especially when they are about the kids. :)

For more information on Project 365 go to photojojo.com. And here's the best part ~ I challenge you to do it too! I'd love to see your photos!

No comments: