Sunday, February 10, 2008

what did you do this weekend?

I know what you must be thinking...three posts in one day? Did she sit at the computer all day long? No, I've actually been moderately productive. Sort of. Ok, just barely.

The block areas of the island in the back yard was stuccoed in October. We've yet to paint it. We were letting the stucco cure, yes, that's it. Anyway, we picked colors and bought paint yesterday, so it's now very pretty. If you know me at all, you know I'm not shy with the paint. The back yard is no different. Here is the before picture.




Greg is taking a break in the shade.

It was a fabulous weekend weather-wise. We wore shorts in the yard and at one point while I was painting in the sun I was thinking it was a little too hot. The high was only 68 yesterday. I was soooo cold the last few weeks that I thought it would never be nice again. I usually don't get the chill so bad, but this year it got to me. I'm ready for the nice spring weather. And it can just stay spring weather all summer long as far as I'm concerned. We painted the brown and burgundy yesterday and the green today. I have decided that I don't want a job being a stucco painter. It was hard to cut in in a straight line. It was hard to get in the cracks by the brick without painting the brick. At one point I considered painting all the bricks too. Ok, not really. But it was a pain!

Here's the after:


One step closer to grass in the yard!  Woohoo!  (Ignore the white parts at the bottom. They will be covered with dirt and grass and such.) We (I use that term very loosely since Greg does most of the work and I only help out...or get in the way.) still have to move some dirt around the planters and level the yard.  Then we will be ready for seed.  

What else did I do this weekend?
  • laundry (only some)
  • dishes (only some)
  • take a nap
  • go to Target
  • go grocery shopping
  • post three times in one day


No comments: