Tuesday, January 8, 2008

boy or girl?

Last week the kids and I were headed to Babies R Us to buy a shower gift for their soon-to-be new boy cousin. They were actually pretty mad at me that they weren't going to be traveling to go to the shower. So, I promised they could pick out a gift from just them. Soothing hurts with shopping...let's see, am I starting a bad habit here? Anyway, as we were driving Heather asked how doctors can tell if the baby is a boy or girl. I very simply explained there was a special machine called an ultrasound that can let the doctors see inside the mommy's tummy. Silence...


Heather: So how do they tell? Are there bows...?


Me & Stephanie: (uncontrollable laughter)


Me: Heather, what is the difference between a boy and a girl?


Stephanie: (unable to wait for Heather's response) Boys have a weenie!


Heather: Oh yeah.


Much more laughter!

No comments: