Friday, September 19, 2008

going to the nut house

The other day I was teasing my students that they were driving me crazy and I was going to have to go away to the Nut House. Of course, they asked me what the Nut House is. I told them it's the place were they send people after they've gone crazy. I also told them that they really don't want me to go the Nut House because the sub they send for teachers who are in the Nut House is always the mean sub. One of the boys, we'll just call him Squirmy, told me that he'd go the Nut House with me. I just smiled at him and said, "You will? That's sweet." I didn't have the heart to tell him that he is one of the main reasons I may be headed that way!

I'll have to tell you more about Squirmy some other time. Right now I'm too exhausted from saying his name 87,000 times a day and watching him be utterly out of control of his actions.

No comments: