Or maybe something else. For the girls' end of the year gifts to their teachers, I made these clipboards.
Once I figured out the shape to cut out around the metal, it was pretty easy. I cut scrapbook paper to the appropriate sizes (don't forget the back of the clipboard) and inked the edges. This I let dry overnight because I wasn't sure how the ink was going to react with the glue if it was fresh. Then I used ModPodge and glued all the pieces on. Wait overnight. Then use the ModPodge as a sealer. Twice. It seemed to take forever to finish because I didn't start them on the same day and had to keep waiting overnight for the ModPodge to dry. Waiting for it to dry completely before going on is supposed to reduce bubbles. Then tie coordinating ribbons to the hole in the metal thingy. The ink ended up smearing a little bit, but it still looked fine since the idea of the ink is to make it look antiqued or worn anyway. Kristin at Grace Violet has lots of project ideas done with ModPodge.