Sunday, August 10, 2008

school's out for summer

Ok ~ maybe school's only out for two weeks!

Friday was last day of school for the students. All of my students are moving on to 3rd grade (except one).  Teachers have to go back Monday for one more day to fulfill our contract. Then we have to report three days early to get ready for the new year. That's such a joke, right there. Three days is not nearly enough time, especially since half of it will be taken up with meetings and trainings. We will all be back before those three days.

The end of the year could not have come at a better time for me. I seem to have lost my good attitude. Have you seen it anywhere? Over the past several weeks, I have found myself sliding into the dark abyss of a bad attitude. I'm even getting a little mouthy with my badness. I gave the front office staff a whole mouth full of sass on Friday. And not the funny kind of sass that everyone enjoys, either! Now those are people you don't want to piss off. Everyone in education knows you make friends with the front office and the custodians. You just do. I walked away from that situation wondering what was wrong with me. 

Greg and I were discussing my badness last night at dinner. Later he was trying to be funny, but it wasn't working. He asked me if the funny-factor was gone. I told him it was having a hot date with my good attitude. They better be having a nice time!

So over the next 6 work days and 2 weekend days I have off I will be looking for that good attitude. In the meantime, I will be having play dates with my children. I will be finishing my vampire book. I will be doing crafts. I will be going to school to prepare for a new class of students. Believe it or not, this actually helps lure the good attitude back.

I'm certain the good attitude can't be far away. She always comes back.

No comments: