We all do it, whether we are brave enough to admit it or not! We all drive our husbands crazy! Oh, but we aren't the only ones. Husbands drive their wives crazy too.
I've made a list. These are all the ways I know, for sure, I drive Greg crazy:
- I'm habitually late. The man works for FedEx, people. You do the math on how this might drive him nuts.
- When it's time for bed, I find 10 more things that need to be done before I go to bed. The most usual is pulling laundry out of the dryer and putting more clothes in the dryer. Sounds simple enough, but most of my clothes do not get dried, so I have to spend the time hanging up some wet clothes. Then I need a drink. And to go to the bathroom. And to plug in my phone. And... And...
- When he asks, "What's for dinner?" my number one response is, "I don't know."
- I love to stay up late. And I always want to read before I go to bed. Greg leaves the house at 4:30 these days. He just wants me to turn off the light and go to bed with him. I get up at 4:30 with him. He needs more sleep than I do.
- I allegedly break sprinkler heads. We have a curvy driveway. When I'm backing out of the driveway I may or may not sometimes end up a little bit in the grass to avoid his truck. I still think the neighbor boys do it with their toy 4-wheelers. Do you believe me? Good thing I got a smaller car.
- When we plan errands I try to sneak in a few extra stops along the way. Greg doesn't like shopping unless it's at Best Buy or Home Depot, so for him this is torture. Of course, the saving gas angle is always a good one. The extra stops are usually in the same area as the other errands, or on the way home. Sometimes he gives in, sometimes he doesn't.
It's a good thing I'm a good cook and naturally hilarious. It makes up for all the craziness I'm certain.