Saturday, July 12, 2008

home again, home again

Our sweet girl is home again! 

They had the kids call when they were about 45 minutes away from church. Stephanie couldn't remember my cell phone number (huh?) and called home. I was still at school doing lesson plans. Luckily, Greg was home a little early and got the message. They ended up coming home about an hour and a half earlier than originally expected. So we raced to pick up Heather and over to the church. We pulled into the church parking lot just a couple cars in front of the buses. I tell you what, I thought I was going to start crying right then and there as we stopped and waved at all the busses as they passed us.

Then we all stormed the doors of the buses, trying to be patient and civilized, while forming one line to request our child and show our id. As several of the parents in front of me received and hugged their child, I got that choked up lump in my throat again. Geez! What an embarrassing mom I am! Then it was my turn. Hallelujah! 

Stephanie was so very excited to see us! Her sunburned little self had so much to tell us. I had to many questions to ask. She's not done telling her stories, but from what I can tell, she had an awesome time. I asked her if she wanted to go again next year and she hollered yes!

We can all breathe a sigh of relief that she is back.

No comments: