Tuesday, July 22, 2008

i had something

important to say this morning. But the thought came to me after I used up my carefully allotted morning computer time. The little gem of insight came to me in the shower.

Then:
  • I ironed (duh!) and got the kids & myself all gussied up for the day.
  • I went to work.
  • I sweated buckets at bus duty.
  • I shepherded small children all day.
  • I made sure everyone washed their hands, got along nicely with each other, had silent reading time, and even taught the beginnings of multiplication.
  • I stayed after work and pretended to work more. I just ended up straightening my class room a little. 
  • I went to a class. It may or may not have been a line dancing class. And if it was, no, I will not do a dance for you.
  • I cooked picked up dinner. Thank you In-N-Out.
  • I combed a 6-year old's freshly showered hair and tried to con her into combing mine. I was met with mediocre results.
  • I wondered where the 8-year wandered off to after her shower and found her in her bed.
  • I watched a little t.v. while waiting for my turn on the computer.

And now? I forgot it. But let me tell you, it was brilliant.

No comments: