Wednesday, April 2, 2008

shoe store robot

This past weekend when Heather and I went shopping we stopped at a huge shoe store. I'm always in search of the perfect sandals, both black and brown. I had the perfect pair of brown sandals several years ago and wore the heck out of them. And of course, I do not want to pay a fortune for these perfect sandals. I want a deal. I trolled the aisles of this mega shoe palace ~ twice. I just might have missed that perfect pair the first time with so many inferior pairs blocking my view. Nope. Nothing. As we were walking out of the store, the guy at the front counter said, "Did you find everything you needed?" Huh? I looked behind me to see who Al Bundy was talking to. I was the only one there. I'm clearly walking out of the store, not up to the counter with my arms full of a tower of boxes and a shoe-intoxicated grin on my face! Wait, let me check. Yes, just as I thought. Nothing is in my hands. I just looked at him, smiled, and said, "Actually, no." and continued out the door.

No comments: