Thursday, April 24, 2008

a snuggle is good medicine


In the middle of the night on Tuesday night, Heather came to our room and woke me up. She said she had a bad dream and wanted to snuggle. Too groggy to protest, I let her in bed with us and went back to sleep.  She ended up staying there the rest of the night. I honestly didn't think much of it and even forgot about the bad dream comment. When I got up in the morning she was adamant about getting up. But it was way too early for her so Greg and I insisted she go back to sleep. She didn't want me to be out of the room and asked when I was going to be taking a shower (I was making Greg's lunch.) So, after Greg left I went back to bed with her for a little while. Yesterday she had a bad day at school and ended up coming to see me in my class for a hug just as it was time for her class to dismiss. While someone else watched my class I took her back to hers and waited for the daycare lady to pick her up. Heather wouldn't really tell me what was wrong. Something finally came out about some boys being not so nice during center time, but I was doubtful that was actually the case. She clung to me and wouldn't go with Janice for the longest time. She loves Janice. Later that evening Greg told me that he asked her about her bad dream and it was that a dog bit her butt off (kinda had to laugh here) so that was probably why she was so clingy. So, when the kids went to bed I told Stephanie to sleep with Heather. I didn't want her to be alone if she had another bad dream. I knew Stephanie's presence would comfort Heather because they are great snugglers. As far as I know, nobody woke up distressed last night. Whew!

No comments: