Monday, June 30, 2008

i just now remembered

that I teased you by telling you about a project that I wouldn't show you. Well, here it is. It's a Dick & Jane book tote. 

Our principal accepted another assignment in our district. She LOVES Dick & Jane stuff and collects it. So the 2nd grade got together and scored a 1950s reader from ebay. I ordered fabric and made this book tote to go along with it. 

When I finished the tote, the kids announced they needed library totes too. How can I say no? Remember these? Sewing for the kids is always very rewarding because they are eternally grateful and compliment my work. 

Now that I've made three, I might be getting good at making them. 

I'm working on a skirt and t-shirt embellishment project for the kids. Almost done. I'll show you when I'm finished.

No comments: