Tuesday, June 17, 2008

little helper


Every once in a while I will ask one of the kids to take their plastic plates, bowls, and cups out of the dishwasher and put them away (in the low cupboard just for them). I've been asking for this to happen more and more. It seems one of the reasons I refuse to do dishes is because I hate unloading the dishwasher ~ don't know why exactly. If the dishwasher is full of clean dishes I can't very well fill it with dirty ones, now can I? Heather has started unloading the entire dishwasher for me. She stacks the plates, bowls, etc. on the counter because she's to short to reach the cupboard & they're too heavy. She puts the silverware away to the best of her knowledge. If she doesn't know where it goes, she leaves that on the counter too. She is careful to avoid the knives because she's been told not to touch them. The other day both Stephanie & Heather were emptying & putting away kid dishes. When it came to the rest of the dishes Heather told Stephanie she would do it & to go away. I tell you what, somehow putting dishes away from the counter is not nearly as bad as unloaded the dishwasher. 

No comments: