Sunday, May 18, 2008

blog break up

Get control of yourself! 

Don't be getting teary-eyed thinking I'm breaking up with you! I'm not leaving the blog world. I'm way too self-centered for that. Plus, I think I might actually be funny sometimes. 

When I first started finding blogs I read only a few. Then I'd click on one of their links and find another one. I swear sometimes reading someone's blog makes you start to think you might actually know them. Some I read I think that if we lived in the same town we'd be friends. Some I read I know we'd never be friends, but they are fun to read anyway. I started having to bookmark the blogs because I didn't want to lose track of them. When I can, I make my way down the list and check in on everyone. If I don't have a lot of time there are those I check in on for sure and the others have to wait. 

I think, though, I might have to break up with some of my blog buddies. They are the ones in my list I find myself skipping over, even when I do have time to read more than a few. One I read is just too much. I think the woman is swirling into a sea of depression and since she's not actually a friend or family I just can't go there. One has just gotten so irritating after a while. You see my point? So I'm going to break up with some and delete them from my bookmarks. 

No comments: