Saturday, March 29, 2008

come as you are


Yesterday was pajama day at school. So when I got the kids up to get dressed they thought it was funny that I said, "Get your pajamas on" (cuz they needed fresh ones!) instead of "Get your clothes on." Oh, they were so giddy about wearing their pajamas. They could also bring blankets and stuffed animals for reading time. I am always amazed that the simplest things give children such joy and excitement. Sometimes I think we are so focused on making the day or event so big with the 'wow' factor that we forget that it's the littlest things that make them the happiest. I've got to try to remember the little things.

I don't know what Stephanie's non-smiling face is all about. She must have missed the part where I said "smile!" She really was happy.

No comments: