Saturday, March 8, 2008

crazy night

There must have been something in the air last night!

At about midnight Heather woke up, stood up (they were camping out in our room), and poked me awake. I woke up with the draw of a quick breath in. They just about always manage to startle me when they wake me up in the middle of the night, even when they do it gently.

H: Mommy?

Me: What?

H: Are we going to play in the morning?

Me: Yes

That's all.

Then a little while later I was having a dream that I was pulling all of our yard/play clothes out that I washed last night out of the dryer. Stephanie wanted to wear an atrocious outfit to school. I told her no way, no how. She gave me back-talking attitude. So in my dream I reached out to give her an attention getting swat.

Thwack!  -- At this point I woke up.

G: (not in a dream) Hey!

Me: Oh, sorry. (giggling)

I was spooning him and I hit him in the chest when I swatted Stephanie in my dream. Nice way to wake a guy up! Then of course I couldn't stop laughing about it.

No comments: