Sunday, March 9, 2008

springing forward


I love springing forward! Oh, sure, the extra hour in the fall is a nice touch. But what really matters more to me is springing forward. That extra light at the end of the day makes me happy. The days getting longer eases my soul. I could care less about the amount of light in the sky in the morning when I get up for work. More light or less light doesn't change the fact that I have to get up for work. However, when my day is done and there's still some light, that makes me feel ready to conquer more (that does not mean house cleaning). It makes me feel like I still have time left for something other than work. It makes me feel like I haven't wasted all the good daylight. It makes dinner a little bit later ~ much to the dismay of my family.

So, raise your glasses and toast the light!

No comments: