Wednesday, March 5, 2008

when are going to unload the poop?

Preface: 
Monday night Greg purchased a pallet (yes, a whole stinkin' pallet) of manure in preparation for planting grass seed in the backyard next week. He didn't unload the bags of poop on the side of the house, just parked his truck there. Upon questioning from his wife, he said he'd take care of it in the morning. Before work? Yes, before work. 

Fast forward to Tuesday morning:
I woke up at 6:30 a.m. with a start. I had not heard any alarm ringing. Since I'm on track break I have no need or desire to hear an alarm, but Greg does have to get up. Greg hates to be late. It's a huge pet peeve of his, but his cross to bear nonetheless since I am always running late. Since he's been a courier and the whole company is driven by time, he really cannot be late.

Me: Greg, the alarm didn't ring.

G: It's ok.

Well, he leaves at various times during the week. So I thought this must be one of his later starting days.

Me: Did you remember you have to unload the poop?

G: Yes.

6:45 rolls around and still no alarm. I'm trying to look at the his alarm from across the bed to determine if it's even on or not. Can't tell.

Me: It's 6:45. Get up.

G: Not yet.

Me: You have to unload the poop.

G: Stop talking about the poop.

Me: You're going to be late.

G: So?

Me: Get up.

G: Not yet.

This went on for quite a while. Then I really started to get mad. I asked him if he took the day off, if he was calling in sick, if he got fired, if he quit...you name it. He wouldn't tell me what was going on. He wouldn't get up. 

Turns out, he had personal days and floating holidays that needed to be used. Turns out that he was able to hook those 4 days to his previously scheduled vacation (which is next week). Turns out he was trying to surprise me.  Turns out there's no reason he needs to unload the poop until he needs to use it.

No comments: